Thanks you to the lovely Thoughts in Life for nominating me! I haven’t known her for long but we’ve talked a little and she is all kindness!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started:
Okay, so at first I started writing a bunch of quotes that developed into a story in my head. So, I thought I should make a blog to write this story. I won’t keep it private, but I won’t care if anyone reads it. It’ll be just for me! So that kinda blew up in my face. And it wasn’t my fault, my teachers give us so my homework it’s either homework, sleep, or blog, and I don’t have a choice about the first two so…
Then I thought that this blog was now useless, except something wonderful happened – I discovered my love for poetry. I am so glad I did. Now I have this little piece of internet just for me and my artistic expression and it makes me so so happy.
You guys make it even better and your comments make me so pleased and I’m glad that people actually read and possibly enjoy my work. Sorry, but I’m just grateful for you guys and your kindness and validation.
Advice to New Bloggers:
- Don’t let your follower count consume you. Focus on making your blog beautiful, professional, or whatever, depending on what you’re aiming for. If you follow blogs that you enjoy reading and leave the occasional nice comment, people will eventually follow you back and start leaving the same kind comments on your blog. Just let who you are shine even through the screen and whoever appreciates that shine will follow you, you just have to be patient. WordPress, or at least what I’ve discovered of it, is really supportive, and that support will be extended to you! Let your hard work be what gets you followers.
- Don’t be afraid to leave comments on other people’s blogs. Even if your kindness sounds faker than it would in person, a nice comment can make a person’s day or lift their spirits. Don’t be scared to lift someone’s spirits, and, in exchange, they may someday do the same for you.
And I Nominate: